Hey guys, with so many people now relying on our online services, here are my top 5 things you can do now (for free) to give your website a refresh and boost.
- If you haven’t done so, hook up your website to Google Analytics and Google Search Console set up and linked to your website. You’ll learn a lot about your customers through this data.
- Update or remove any outdated content. If you have Google Analytics, check out your highest viewed pages and make sure the content on these pages is up to date. Remove any pages or products that aren’t relevant or don’t exist anymore. This includes your contact details and opening hours.
- Update your My Google Business with any new hours and info from tip number 2. Add all of your services and if you’re an eCommerce store, now is the time to load all of your products to this listing. Same goes for services based people, list all of these on the platform.
- Shipping – getting the exact measurements and weights for your items will ensure that customers are getting the best rate on freight costs. Flat fee or free if you can. More information on updating your product information can be found here.
- Leverage the fold. That is when people land on your website before they scroll, they need to see who you are, what you do and have at least 2 calls to actions visible so they can choose their own adventure (buy now, read more, subscribe, contact us etc.)
- Bonus tip – we naturally view things left to right, so having your call to actions on the right-hand side of the page is always a handy thing.
I hope this helps, if you need a hand with anything or have any questions, please shout out, I’m here to help. Keep well everyone xx
Image credit: Moyo Studio